Monday, June 21, 2010

Jakarta Weekend of TEA!

I spent the weekend in crazy, hot, crowded Jakarta! I had a lot of fun and drank a lot of tea. Expect full reports upon my return home in August. Here's a teaser! I went to Harvey Nichol's Social House, the "IT" place to be in Jakarta these days. On day one, Friday June 18, I, along with friend Vero shared afternoon tea of delightful status! Despite using Lipton (Yellow Label) I thoroughly enjoyed the elegant and leisurely experience!

Saturday, June 19, I went with Vero and Widya to Tea Addict, a really cozy tea cafe located in the Kemang area of South Jakarta. We spent a while relaxing. They have over 30 special Tea Addict blends. I had Sweet Vanilla and Vero had English Breakfast...Widya had a cappuccino, for shame!

Yesterday, June 20, we drove up to Puncak to hike through the tea plantation! It was really beautiful. And then we drank tea straight from the source along with a breakfast of pisang goreng (fried bananas).

A weekend of great tea and friends! Get ready for a single review full of pictures for each! For now, enjoy the brief update.

-The Tea Gastronomer

No comments:

Post a Comment