Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello from Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Hello from Indonesia! I am sitting in one of the many lovely internet cafes that grace this wildly exciting city. The proprietor has just switched on an Indonesian cover version of Lady Gaga's Pokerface after having "I wanna make love right now now now" on repeat for 35 minutes...Anyway, I am quite enjoying the country. A real culture shock for me, but in a good way. And the good news is I am drinking lots of tea! I have multiple glasses of homemade es teh manis daily. And bottled teh hijau (green tea) is not only delicious, but extremely sweet. Central Java loves sweet tea! Also, you can buy tea powder and tea mixes at every convenient store. Photos to appear on my return to the states. Until then...Selamat Minum!

No comments:

Post a Comment