Friday, August 28, 2009

A Warm Welcome!

"If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you. Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea! I am glad I was not born before tea."

-William Gladstone
British Prime Minister

Welcome! I am so glad you have dropped by to take a peek at my blog! About two years ago, I gave up the daily cup of joe and switched to something a bit more soothing. After taking tea in place of coffee for a while, I became enamored by the effect these fine leaves had when interspersed with boiled water. I soon had my first true afternoon tea; I fell in love with the elegant act of relaxation. Nothing compares to imbibing a hot cup of Darjeeling from fine bone China, while nibbling on dainty finger sandwiches, petite sweets, and of course a crumbly scone adorned with clotted cream and fresh jam. "There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea", said English novelist Henry James. How right he is. Over the past few years I have worked to accrue knowledge about tea and teaware, as well as the ceremony Anna Maria, the seventh Duchess of Bedford began in 1840. The following entries are my very own tea musings. I will reveal my thoughts and feelings about certain products, tea rooms and shops in my native New Jersey and school home of New York City, as well as must haves for any tea lover. Boil a fresh pot of your favorite tea, sit back, relax and enjoy!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I truly wish you an enjoyable reading!

Ethan

The Tea Gastronomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment