Monday, April 19, 2010

Milk Tea, TKettle, New York, NY

Milk tea is one of the most popular beverages in Taiwan, China and Hong Kong. The smooth flavor of strong tea blended with milk and sugar is a refreshing pick-me-up at any time of day. I'm a bit of a milk tea addict. I love a simple strong black tea on ice around 3 p.m. In the mornings, I always get it hot. You can get milk tea at almost any Chinese bakery for around one to two dollars. It is simple and refreshing. However, if you are willing to splurge a bit, and you go to a bubble tea cafe, for a few dollars more you will get a richer, more flavorful milk tea.

TKettle on St. Mark's Place in the East Village recently underwent renovation and is now reopen. They have an expanded menu with plenty of options for bubble tea, smoothies, and shakes (try the avocado shake, it's delicious!). This past week I went in for a relaxing milk tea. The taste was rich and frothy and perfect to wake me up. Remember to use a small straw and not a bubble straw when drinking milk tea sans tapioca pearls. This is the only way I can savour it!



Milk Tea at TKettle

TKettle
St. Mark's btw 2nd and 3rd
New York, NY 10003


Thanks for reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment